The Quay is dependent upon its volunteers. With a very small paid staff, volunteers cover a variety of roles for the theatre.
Volunteer roles vary:
- Box Office: selling and managing ticketing on a day to day basis and when shows go in. Managing the money taken and accounting for it is a key role. The ticketing system is computerised. This would suit someone who is computer literate, numerate and able to think on their feet. We often need to deal with some weird and wonderful enquiries!
- Duty Manager - for Health and Safety reasons we need a Duty Manager for shows. The role requires management experience and flexibility, The Duty Manager is responsible for the volunteers, customers and the building while on shift. This can involve some late weekend nights when locking up the building.
- Sweets - We sell sweets, ice creams and soft drinks pre-show and at the interval, the sweets person also sits at the front of the auditorium for the show. This is a great role and demand for the sweets role for some shows is quite high.
- Front of House - This role is to open the auditorium, take ticket stubs inform people where they are seated and manage late arrivals. This is a great role for a people person, you also get to see the show so again demand for this role at some shows is quite high. Front of House is initially responsible for the auditorium and its customers while a show is in progress.
- Bar duties - although we have paid bar staff, for a full house we often need extra bar staff. Volunteers often fulfil this role. You need to have previous bar experience for this role.
We are always in need of new volunteers, please get in contact if you have spare time during the day and or evenings and the flexibility to carry out these roles. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org